Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'm starting to hate telemarketers.

This afternoon, when I'm having my break, some unknown number called and addressed me by my name, Jeslene.

This is already quite suspicious, as my number is signed under my mother's name, and also under my real name.
My friends should know, Jeslene, is my alternative name.

This lady, said I have won some Family Makeover session and photoshoot and insisted I bring my mother along.
She almost wanted to get me down to the company today.
I rejected, saying that I couldn't make it.
She then told me to call her back at this number to make an appointment.

When I asked her where did she get my number as I do not recall sms-ing or writing in to win something, she said:

"Your friend who came for this recommended us to you."


COUGH COUGH.
WHICH FRIEND HUH!
I KILL YOU AH!


The company: Foto Gallery/Naughty by Nature
Phone number: 6511117*

Darlings, please take note.
This is more or less, a scam.

Was dragged by my wife to a makeover photo shoot last Sunday after she got a
call from a photo studio saying the photo shoot is free. Please be warned that
this photo studio functions like one of those time-share companies.

Yes the photo shoot is free, but after the session, they want you to sign up
for a package that cost more than $2k, else you can only select two free photos
from the many shots taken. If you don’t sign up for their package, they will
delete all your photos taken (besides the two you selected) right in front of
your eyes!

Even if you offer to buy additional photos from them, they will refuse and
insist you either buy the whole package or choose only two free photos. Imagine
spending 4 hours of your time with them and having all your photos deleted right
before your eyes after you refuse to by their package.

So people beware when you got a call from a tele-marketer telling you they
offer you a free makeover photo shoot. This photo studio got your contact
information from others who have signed up for the package.

They will tell those who have signed up to recommend other friends or
relatives and in return, those who recommend others receive some form of cash
back.The photo studio is located near Clark Quay.


This made sense to me.
My mum was right. (I called her after the phone call)
This is just a marketing scam.
I've checked the yellowpages.
And well, it fits what was written above.


So this is WHY~ they addressed me as Jeslene.
Because someone went for it already and referred them to me.


So, becareful, darlings!

No comments: