Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good-bye, Lydia Sum

Just this afternoon, when I was waiting for a bus, I was enjoying the simple thigns in life.

The wind, the leaves and my mp4.

Then I heard the radio DJ said:

"Lydia Sum passed away this morning."


The story in chinese, here: http://www.xin.sg/article.php?article=15089


Then it registered.
I was like, HUH.
Then huh...
then .....huh...

Then I started messaging my girls.
And my mum.

I don't know why but I felt a sense of loss.
Maybe its cause I grew up watching Lydia Sum.
That signature laughter o her always make me wanna smile with her.


It always take a loss to learn how to treasure.
Why can't we change that?

Sighs.

I treasure the people I had pizza hut with today.
And the people who was with me on Dec 20th 07.
And the people who are at home every night with me.

I know I don't want to lose them.


Good bye Lydia sum.
I'm missing you already.

No comments: