Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Jeslene decided to do something very...
well, enlightening?


Okays,
Water babies.
Pre-school kids are totally crazy about it, eh?
My mum, who is a teacher in a childcare, knew about it too.
And I didn't understand what was it all about.

Previously, I did an entry on "portable pets" and water babies were one of them.
I didn't have a picture then.
But NOW!
Let Jeslene present:

The Waterbabies!


It all started when Tong and I were walking pass a shop in Tampines central.
She stopped to buy a drink and she called me over when she spotted water babies.
Since a pack of water babies are quite cheap, I bought it, for fun.

And I tried it.



First, we need water, and a vase.
In my case was a flask.
Missha one somemore.
Free gift. HAHAHA.



Of course, the water babies... erh... Eggs?



Throw them in the water...

Seriously I think this picture looks gross.
I don't know, I don't really like things that are... too symmetrical
You know, like the Bee Hive?
I think its disgusting.

I was exclaiming on how disgusting it was.
I think tong was irritated with me.


Anyway, the water babies soon 'grew'.


...Into fat gel balls.
Basically, it absorbed the water and filled its tummy up.


Currently, its still not very big.
I wonder how much water can it suck in.


All right my dears, the truth about water babies:

They are just absorbent gels.
They suck in the water, that's why they grow.
They are not cells.
Not animals.
Not alive.

Its for plants, you know.
Lunar New Year plants?
Now you know why your mom never waters those cotton bud like plants.
There are these so called water babies inside to keep them alive.



Basically, it dries up if you don't "feed" them water.

Truth of water babies.
The end.


Oh, there's one more thing.
Kids say that water babies "give birth".
Which means, the gel balls will burst open to reveal another gel ball.
Haven't seen it, my water babies are erh, one day old, too young to have sex.

Ignore me.

=D

Now that I'm done...
Anyone wants water babies?
Virgin water babies?
My friends?
Adopt them?
I have James, Eugene, Karen, Heyla.....


WHAT?
CAN'T I GIVE NAMES TO MY WATER BABIES?

No comments: